Tuesday, May 19, 2009


As we work to close this year and begin planning for the year ahead, I am researching information about Differentiation and Response to Intervention. In reviewing Mindstep I found several resources that would be of assistance to me and my staff and we begin to facilitate this work.

In the presentation, the writer states that if 75% or more of students are not performing at or above grade level then there is a problem with the core curriculum not in the types of safety nets being offered to students. So how do we find just the right balance between core curriculum...remediation.....and safety nets. Today as I was posting a tweet, I stated that it is our responisibility to grow because our students are counting on it. If we close our eyes to the facts, our students, my students, continue to sink further into the "whole of no return."

No comments: